Monday, March 26, 2012

Salamanders? Yes!

The next big project that I'm going to work on are the Space Marines Salamander Chapter!

    I'm going with the traditional color scheme for them which is Lizard Greens, Ash Greys, Golds and Fiery Yellows. The whole project will be made for eBay as usual. For now I'm thinking of including two dedicated transports, a Dreadnought, two squads of Space Marines, 5 Scouts and for the HQ slot Forgefather Vulkan He'stan. The composition may be slightly changed in the progress but that's the main outline of this small army.


      I hope to get a really good looking army. That's why I'll try to get at least a small conversion in every model. For the Heavy weapons I'm thinking of skinks/saurus heads attached to the barrel. The scouts are going to have lizard skin cloaks taken from Dark Elf Corsairs. For Vulkan I'm not going to use the original one. I'll try my best and do one myself from bits and green stuff. The only problem for me is how to pose him. Making a HQ such as The Forgefather gives me an opportunity to make him look really dynamical. If you have any good ideas for this, feel free to drop a comment.

Wish me luck,
Brovatar

1 comment:

  1. Cool, love Salamanders, in fact i'm thinking about re-doing my friend Salamanders. I definetely look forward to see your work.

    ReplyDelete